Open Metalcast Episode #147: Salt the Earth
It’s mid-wintertime here at Open Metalcast Headquarters. Part of the fun of winter is the snow that inevitably shows up during this time. One of the ways to counteract the snow in this climate is to put down prodigious amounts of salt on the roads. The salt is pretty corrosive and gets everywhere. So, what does this have to do with Creative Commons-licensed metal music? Consider this show an assault in the making that will scatter metal music in your ears (See what I did there?)
We have a great line-up of music from Cirrhose Atak, Technickill, Brokenhead, Vera, Thesauros, Space Unicorn On Fire, and Vihmana. We also have a sneak-preview of a massive 45 minute black metal opus from Obitus, which is available for pre-order from Hypnotic Dirge Records.
It’s a show you won’t want to take with a grain of salt. Or miss for that matter.
- (00:10) B.O.P.E by Cirrhose Atak from S/T (BY-NC-ND)
- (01:50) Hellskull Valley by Technickill from Promo 2017 (BY-NC-ND)
- (05:23) Chronophobia by Brokenhead from A Prompt And Utter Destruction (BY-NC)
- (10:01) Qualia by Vera from Ghost Aircraft (BY-NC-ND)
- (15:31) Void by Thesauros from Index (BY-NC-ND)
- (22:26) Let’s Go to Space by Space Unicorn On Fire from Gallop Through the Stars (BY-SA)
- (25:32) Carros Solares by Vihmana from Templo (BY-NC-ND)
- (31:57) SAMPLE1 – Slaves of the Vast Machine by Obitus from Slaves of the Vast Machine (BY-NC)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, buy an album, head to the shows, or shovel out their car during a snow storm. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at email@example.com.
Open Metalcast #147 (MP3)
Open Metalcast #147 (OGG)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported.