Open Metalcast Episode #169: Strategic Metal Heist
Recently we at the Open Metalcast headquarters watched an episode of “Dirty Money” where they talked about the heist of the Strategic Maple Syrup Reserve in Canada. Barrels of syrup were removed and in their place were placed barrels of water. And they would have gotten away with it too had the barrels not started to rust and shown signs of being handled more roughly than normal syrup barrels. What does that have to do with metal music? Ummm. Well, we went into our Strategic Creative Commons Metal Music Supply to bring you out the finest in Creative Commons metal music. And what we found wasn’t barrels of water but barrels of great music by Forgenheim, Abhorrent Castigation, Spiritual Deception, (EchO), Moron, BlackStar, and Iron Kobra. Once we found tracks from these bands we loaded them into this here podcast and shipped them off to your podcatcher of choice, where you can listen to them on-demand. And since you’re listening to these metal music bits you can be secure in knowing that we’ve pretty much used up this metaphor and hope you enjoy the music.
- (00:11) Kinderlied by Forgenheim from Kinderlied (BY-SA)
- (04:48) The Tree of Knowledge by Abhorrent Castigation from Throne of Existential Abandonment (BY-NC-ND)
- (07:59) De Rerum Humana by Spiritual Deception from Spiritual Deception EP (BY-NC-ND)
- (12:18) Omnivoid by (EchO) from Devoid Of Illusions (BY-NC-ND)
- (20:39) Ghosting by Coma. from Agony | Hophek (BY-NC-ND)
- (26:03) Pytanie by Moron from Świt EP (BY)
- (29:18) Fight by BlackStar from From The Ashes (BY-NC-ND)
- (35:04) Kerker und Drachen by Iron Kobra from Kerker & Drachen (BY-NC-SA)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, buy an album, head to the shows, or give them a bottle of maple syrup. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Metalcast #169 (MP3)
Open Metalcast #169 (OGG)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported.