Magento makes me feel dirty
I always feel so dirty every time I work with Magento.
The most recent reason is the following workflow that seems to happen all the time:
- Buy a proprietary extension (since Magento is open core, that sets the tone for the whole ecosystem, which is just full of proprietary software...);
- It includes some phone-home DRM licence scheme and "free upgrades" for about 6 months;
- Encounter some problem with that proprietary extension (e.g. they change their phone-home licensing service and it doesn't work with an old version of the extension!);
- Contact that company for support;
- The company says they can help you out, but they just need FTP access and admin access to the backend of your store.
... is this how people live??
Olivier Mehani shared this.
Not to mention that all these proprietary extensions have their own way of doing things, so it feels like installing software in Windows: your menu turns into a mess of vendor names...
And each vendor has their own way of managing modules, notifying about updates, or trying to enforce licenses, etc...