My Horrible Experience of Windows 10 upgrade.
I have just upgraded from standalone windows 8.1 to windows 10 by using ms auto upgrade on lenovo G500 corei5 3rd gen 4GB RAM.
1. I still face shutdown and booting issue. On my laptop, I had experienced blue screen error of death due to failure of power on/off driver. It persisted and annoyed me in windows 10 installation process.
2. Installation process took 07 hours. It required manual interruption to restart again by power button press after every reboot during installation process due to above mentioned flaw in driver.
3. After completion of installation, first I saw a message that please wait a while. Then I got message that it is taking longer than usual please wait.
4. My desktop loaded as slow as that of windows 8.1. No significant or even minute improvement in loading desktop icons and speedy opening of apps after logging in.
5. First thing I did was unpinning win appstore and then ms edge. Right click was not responsive and I achieved my objective after waiting 1/2 hour and getting my desktop responsive.
6. Start menu has improved than previous unresponsive metro. Still edge and some storeapp stuff were pinned there. So I had to unpin those.
7. First app I loaded was chrome. It loaded slow as usual. I opened page of facebook but it crashed in flash plugin in continuous 03 tries. Whereas diasp.org opened fast on first try. The default chrome browser page didn't loaded completely.
8. File explorer looks like custom gnome icon theme. Default view is shifted to recent files.
9. I pressed the search button 10 times by now. Still hoping windows search will open and I will see something.
10. In short windows 10 is same old crap ware. Nothing new just copied features of gnome desktop which we are familiar from years.
11. It just gave me a psychological feeling of something new for few milliseconds just like that feel when you carwash and service and have feeling that your car got some new salient feature.
12. BTW sidebar notification is too much slow and appears after centuries.
13. To my amusement, windows installed patched for dotNet framework 3.5 right after first restart which was supposed to be part of windows upgrade.
14. Webpage scroll from mousepad on chrome not working by default.
Verdict: Windows Team hasn't any clue how to install windows from internet on remote machines. They still push for old obsolete edge aka internet explorer and appstore which disturbed setting of my taskbar. They cooked nothing new still lost in old still old crapware. May be windows is defective by design. My rating for win10 is 0/10.