Karl Fogel

Karl Fogel at

Dear Internet,

I have old-fashioned passive speakers, you know, twisted raw ends of speaker wire on both sides. I want a device that accepts computer audio input (3.5mm jack) and has two such speaker outputs, so I can play audio from my laptop on the speakers.

Where to find?

Yes, I've tried searching online. I've also tried asking in person at MicroCenter and even Guitar Center. Everyone I talk to is convinced that this exists, and that they've even heard about such devices, but so far I can't track down any specifics: brands, model numbers, etc.

Karl Fogel at 2021-09-06T18:32:06Z

Is it something like this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WRRGYMM/

Jason Self at 2021-09-06T19:47:05Z

I use a small class-D amplifier for exactly this purpose. Mine is an older model of this: https://amzn.to/3zDHORO

Splicer at 2021-09-22T16:59:45Z