- JourneyMaker repositories from @artinstitutechi are exemplary #opensource releases: https://github.com/art-institute-of-chicago/journeymaker-cms, https://github.com/art-institute-of-chicago/journeymaker-client (1/2)
Charles ☕ Stanhope likes this.
- If we just rename "insurance" to "in-advance crowdfunding", would that change the politics around national health care in the U.S.?
Ben Sturmfels likes this.
Interesting idea, but I think it would mainly have the effect of confusing people. Considering the public's apparent perception of Kickstarter and Indiegogo as a kind of store, where you buy physical products before they're manufactured, I wonder how many of us would be disappointed at the lack of physical rewards for participating in insurance.
that does sound confusing .. there are too many bad associations with that word.
what use is "crowdfunding" if nothing accepts cash?
(which STILL seems to be the only sane payment method)
the idea of handing out credentials that give access to bank accounts just to pay for something makes me puke.
nobody should EVER be asked to do that!
as for any other forms of online payments - no use because users can't trust the operating systems or even the hardware anything runs on.
- If you're "very reluctant to mix money and labor in my open-source projects", unpaid labor is expectable result: https://nolanlawson.com/2017/03/05/what-it-feels-like-to-be-an-open-source-maintainer/
- No comment on the merits of the case -- I'm just pleased to see an SVN repository appearing in a sordid tale: https://danielcompton.net/2017/03/14/uber-bombshell
- Happy Π Day everyone! Today's reading: "The Gift of Pi", by @therealfitz: https://medium.com/@therealfitz/the-gift-of-pi-a425968c7d4a
Christopher Allan Webber shared this.
- TFW you do "View Source" to see which CMS an organization's web site is running, in order to get a read on their technical culture.
- If impeachment is coming, it'll probably be from this: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-innocent-explanation (hat-tip to the excellent journalism at @TPM and @JoshTPM)
Stephen Michael Kellat shared this.
I'm sorry but the linked piece is less coherent than some of the word salad that callers were throwing at me today. The vagueness doesn't quite rise to the level of impeachment. It's not even quite enough for the comedy writers helping fuel Chris Hardwick to get a joke or two out of.
- Language Change Delight of the Day: @AdamLiptak in today's @NYTimes uses the "X is not a thing" construction (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/20/us/politics/on-free-press-supreme-court-pick-at-odds-with-trump.html). 1/2
- TFW you go to post a "TFW..." tweet and the topmost tweet in your incoming stream is someone else's "TFW" tweet (https://twitter.com/aaronshaw/status/833776588059713538).