Alexandre Oliva firstname.lastname@example.org
Campinas, SP, Brazil
Free Software Evangelist. GNU speaker and advisory committee member. Recipient of FSF's 2016 Award for the Advancement of Free Software. FSF Latin America board member. LibrePlanet São Paulo activist. 0G foreseer. Maintainer of GNU Linux-libre, and co-maintainer of the GNU Compiler Collection, GNU binutils and GNU libc. Libre-SOC contributor. GNU tools engineer at AdaCore.
- look ma, I'm going to speak at LibrePlanet this year!
Software enshittification or freedom? It's not a hard choice!
When: Sunday 14:00 - 14:45 EDT (18:00 UTC)
Room: Jupiter -- in-person
See you there?
- what an inspiring article by FSF executive director Zoê Kooyman
it makes me happy and proud to be an FSF volunteer
please support them (dare I say us?) as you can: associate member, donor, volunteer, advocate...
- bateu saudade da arte do edukrieger, que há tempos eu não acompanhava, e assim calhou de eu escutar esta paródia anti-racista justamente hoje, dia da consciência negra
- .oO new blog post: including underrepresented demographics
running programs downloaded from untrusted sources is risky
- .oO a transposição do rio são francisco foi planejada e executada durante governos lula e dilma, mas a transposição do negro, do solimões e do amazonas pra região sul foi armada (sic) durante o desgoverno bolsonaro. o resultado a gente vê agora :-(
- .oO withdrawing humanitarian support to the Palestine West Bank because of Gaza Strip-based Hamas' terrorist attacks is about as ignorant as withdrawing support to Ukraine because of Ireland Republican Army's terrorist attacks
Jim Fulner likes this.
- .oO on this day, 38 years ago, Richard Stallman filed for incorporation of the Free Software Foundation, to support the GNU Project and the Free Software Movement, started a little over two years before. happy FSF anniversary to all users and developers!
- .oO the bank I sued for demanding me to install malware lost
they told the judge they were in compliance with the court order to stop requiring malware, while admitting to still requiring it
today, in celebration of GNU 40th, my lawyer is initiating the procedures for the bank to pay the fines imposed by the judge so far, denouncing the bank's contradiction. I hope it doesn't take another 40y for me to get internet banking in freedom
- wheee... it's already Sept 27 where the founder of GNU is currently located. this means we can already start celebrating GNU's 40-year anniversary! happy birthday to GNU, and may you all receive the gift of software freedom! bring on the next 40 years!
- .oO woohoo! i've updated both of my laptops to gnuboot 0.1-rc1, to celebrate GNU's 40th anniversary. I'm hacking more happily now :-)
Jim Fulner likes this.compared with the earlier free firmware I was running, it fixes a number of minor bugs and annoyancescompared with the nonfree firmware that shipped on the hardware, it's a world of difference: it removes plenty of abuse that the nonfree firmware imposes, from artificial limits on peripheral choices to invisible remote control by third parties through builtin malware: malicious bugs be gone!