Alexandre Oliva firstname.lastname@example.org
Campinas, SP, Brazil
Free Software Evangelist. GNU speaker and advisory committee member. Recipient of FSF's 2016 Award for the Advancement of Free Software. FSF Latin America board member. LibrePlanet São Paulo activist. 0G foreseer. Maintainer of GNU Linux-libre, and co-maintainer of the GNU Compiler Collection, GNU binutils and GNU libc. Libre-SOC contributor. GNU tools engineer at AdaCore.
- does any of the following have any chance of coming across as democractic, grassroots, open, welcoming, transparent, respectful, inclusive?I “kicked” someone who insulted and threatened us, since it’s a clear code of conduct violation; they came back later, this time using softer words, but always rehashing their opposition to what we were doing, questioning the code of conduct even after being told it’s not up for discussion, and so forth. Other newcomers contribute to that. At this point, the few of us who’ve been around are outnumbered and chatting with people evidently not interested in joining [...] This is unsustainable. If we want an IRC channel that remains useful to us, I think we may have to make it “invitation-only”
- .oO everyone who signed the open letter calling for rms to resign from the fsf because it felt like the right and just thing to do, please have a look at https://stallmansupport.org/ and let them (and him?) know when you decide to retract your signature
- #GNU #Linux-libre 5.11.11-gnu, 5.10.27-gnu, 5.4.109-gnu, 4.19.184-gnu, 4.14.228-gnu, 4.9.264-gnu, and 4.4.264-gnu sources, tarballs and patches, and #Freesh .debs are now available
#Freed-ora 5.11.10-gnu rpms for f3 are now available as stable updates
- .oO it's a said state of affairs in the FOSSal community when people entrust their data to google, their code and petitions to microsoft, their shopping to amazon.com, their activism to facebook, and their fandom to apple, and it's rms who can't be trusted
Vladimir likes this.
- .oO how often do free software developers or users interact with #FSF directors in that capacity? never! why should it thus matter if someone who's a director, and does a superb job at it, is supposedly difficult to deal with? #makesnosensetome
- .oO parece que vou conseguir participar de uma live
hoje às 20h (UTC-3, horário de Brasília)
recomendo preferir mpv ou vlc com ytdl
a instância do peertube de terceiros não foi plenamente auditada
Jackson S de Jesus likes this.