Alexandre Oliva firstname.lastname@example.org
Campinas, SP, Brazil
Free Software Evangelist. GNU speaker. Recipient of FSF's 2016 Award for the Advancement of Free Software. FSF Latin America board member. LibrePlanet São Paulo activist. 0G foreseer. Maintainer of GNU Linux-libre, and co-maintainer of the GNU Compiler Collection, GNU binutils and GNU libc. Libre-SOC contributor. GNU tools engineer at AdaCore.
- .oO diag2021 já disponível, python ou web
Este app de diagnóstico é uma versão corrigida do app lançado pelo Ministério da Saúde [...] pode até recomendar medidas que não tenham comprovação científicadiag2021 is a diagnosis program that takes a description of symptoms, and recommends actions that may alleviate the problem. It's a reaction to an app published by Jair Bolsonaro's Ministry of Health, that recommends medicines already shown to have no positive effects in treating or preventing COVID-19, and often even fatal effects. My "corrected" version only recommends the impeachment of president Bolsonaro. That may not have been scientifically proven to solve the problem, but it's very unlikely to have any detrimental side effects.
- .oO Brasil ultrapassa a marca de um caso (cumulativo) de COVID-19 por km² de área. Para cada 24 habitantes, 1 caso confirmado
ainda daria pra manter distanciamento bem seguro, posicionando cada habitante no centro de um quadrado de 200m de lado
- .oO the censorship-resistance dilemma is that tech alone can’t tell free expression of opinions from deception, libel, hate, etc. rejecting those is not censorship, but tech that makes it impossible to censor tends to enable such speech
secure scuttlebutt seems to have found a way for humans to deal with a problem that tech can’t solve: collective moderation and community-building, through individual choices. you can decide individually whose voices you wish to amplify, and whose voices you wish nobody would listen to.
nobody has the power to silence anyone else, but nobody is required to amplify speech they abhor. through the aggregate effects of individual community gardening, communities and individuals tune what they wish to be exposed to, and help each other customize their experience.
I think it’s a very clever solution to a human issue, that tech can’t really help us with. we don’t want tech to take over decisions of what amounts to free speech in courts, do we? why should we want it to take them over in social media?
- .oO "All Lives Matter" and "I can't breathe!" unite in Manaus, the Amazonian state capital in Brazil, as hospitals there run out of Oxygen to keep COVID-19 patients alive. no vaccination plans. Min. of Health is reportedly an expert in logistics. WTF?!?
- .oO looks like the US now has its own Juan Guaidó, a self-proclaimed president despite the electoral defeat, and his name is Donald Trump. he's out of luck: without backing by the global empire, the world is not lending support to his coup attempt
Jackson S de Jesus likes this.
- #GNU #Linux-libre 5.10.5-gnu, 5.4.87-gnu, and 4.19.165-gnu sources and #Freesh .debs are now available, sorry about the long delay; source tarballs and patches are now being compressed for release, and will also be published when they're ready