Is this called a roll-up curtain or what? ("paranoiacs need light, too")

Aleksej at

Is there a conventional name for this? I found "roll-up curtain", but it is used for "roll-down curtain" as well.

ETA: You pull the handle (fixator) down, the curtain is pulled up to cover more of the window. You let the handle go up, the curtain moves down to let more light in.

A Russian name would be even better.

Aleksej at 2014-10-18T10:03:03Z

In Spanish we call that "estor", which, according to our dictionary, comes from the French "store" (curtain).

WordReference doesn't have a definition for that in Spanish, but this thread in their forums gives names such as "shades", "roll-up shades", "window shades" or "venetian blinds".

HTH =)

JanKusanagi at 2014-10-18T11:38:58Z

The main properties of what I am talking about (and I am not sure if I have ever seen that) is that the curtain covers only the lower part of the window, and can be moved up and down to cover more or less, but is not intended to cover only the upper part.

Aleksej at 2014-10-18T11:57:44Z