- People around the office got guilted into entering a charity raffle for an iPad to be drawn later in the month. Already heard a few people complain they don't even want the prize.
Mind you I'm one of them, screw trying to get that thing talking to anything in my house!
- Almost embarrassed for the person who wrote MSN's run-down of Toshiba's first laptop. Clearly someone who never used technology older than 10 years and still calls themself a guru. Yes, computers did once have Kilobytes of RAM! You don't know you've been born!
- New blog post: PRISM Update
Dvd Mrsdn likes this.
The H was one of be favourite news sources, seems fabsh will have some time on his hands :(
2013-07-17T20:54:46Z via Puma To: Public
It's been in my mind for a while but I finally signed up with the Open Rights Group to support the good work they do.
Only a fiver a month but if it makes any difference in shaping the politics of this country then its worth a whole lot more. :-)
- Definitely think it would be good to see the uptake of Pump spread far and wide compared with the specialist interests that primarily used statusnet, I just need to have a think about how much polish is needed before I start encouraging muggles to sign-up so they won't be scared off back to Twitter et al.
2013-07-15T08:27:03Z via Identi.ca Web CC: PublicLooking for a dual port, low profile, PCI-e NIC for my microserver. Weighing up the:
- Intel PRO/1000 PT
- HP NC360T
If there's nothing between them I'm edging towards the Intel as I've used Intel's NICs before and they've always been very good imho.
- Does anyone have any good tips on how to stop my hard disks resonating with one another in my HP microserver? Starting to sound like a Cylon