2017-05-13T10:01:16Z via AndStatus To: Public
March against DRM Saturday afternoon in Cambridge http://www.defectivebydesign.org/blog/webs_inventor_flirts_disaster_boston_artists_are_putting_out_call_march_us_saturday
- New debian stable point release out.
- CryptoParty in the Phoenix area.
- Net Neutrality creator, Tim Wu, asks World Wide Web creator, Tim Berners-Lee, to consider how anti-circumvention inhibits the open web with DRM as part of the standard.
Claes Wallin (韋嘉誠) likes this.
2017-04-29T17:20:52Z via AndStatus To: Public
Climate change is not a hoax. Save our planet before it croaks. -- chant at #ClimateMarch
- Penguin sweaters for World Penguin Day.
The picture is stuff penguins modelling sweathers, click through for a couple pictures of actual besweatered penguins.
- Happy World Penguin Day
I didn't find a Worlld Gnu Day, perhaps we should start one.
How about the day of RMS's announcement, September 27th?
- Neil deGrasse Tyson in a new video is dismayed at American rejection of science, though it was integral to the shaping of the US. "Science is a fundamental part of the country that we are."
He sees standing in denial of science and rising to power as a "recipe for the complete dismantling of our informed democracy."
Right after that statement is a clip of Pence, as a congressman, speaking to congress and saying, "Let us demand that educators around America teach evolution not as fact, but as theory." Science denial, but continues to get elected.
Science is not affected by the intentionally misinformed science deniers. Unfortunately,
our understanding of science and our political system are both negatively affected by the
Tyson says, "When you have an established scientific emergent truth, it is true whether or not you believe in it."
Call your elected reprensentatives and remind them that Science is Real and they need to
take that into account when legislating. If they done, vote them out. Better yet, recall
Jim Bowering likes this.
- Leah says she would like to request reentry to GNU for libreboot and is seeking comments from other libreboot developers.
- WA might protect customers from ISPs
Multi-partison support in Washington for protecting Internet privacy.
Hopefully that will expand back to Washington DC.
The bill passed the WA house and is said to have majority support in the state senate as well.
Charles ☕ Stanhope likes this.
- Portugal might be banning DRM in some circumstances and allowing circumvention in some other circumstances
Charles ☕ Stanhope likes this.
2017-04-07T01:59:50Z via AndStatus To: Public
http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-u-s-opens-new-military-front-in-syria-1491526436-htmlstory.html US bombs Syria, check on your friends on Russia's western front
2017-03-17T01:46:03Z via AndStatus To: Public
http://www.sainthoax.com/make-america-misogynistic-again/ Trump quotes added to 50s ads, the world he wants
- FSF recommends using other code hosting sites, but finds the new GitHub Terms of Service do not appear incompatible with copyleft.