- Well I'll not be recommending Wix to clients going forward.
Website maker Wix embarks on weird WordPress-trashing campaign, sends 'influencer' users headphones from 'WP'
- After spending 2 days fighting snap/snapcraft, I've found the easiest, least stressful way to make snaps is to use unsquashfs/mksquashfs.Well done Canonical for tooling that makes it difficult to work in your ecosystem.
- Even though I'm unlikely to add HMRC as a payee again, I'm still grateful to know I've got the right account info and the hints for what reference to use in the memo field are a neat touch.Build nice UX like this please, even if you know people will only ever use it once.
- That didn't take long.Rees-Mogg caught flouting Covid rules after crossing tiers to attend Latin mass
- Should we take bets on which UK Gov minister/advisor gets caught breaking lockdown 2.0?
Submissions in Cluedo format of person, place and excuse?
I reckon Priti Patel, in the Channel off Hastings, testing her anti immigrant wave machines. /s
- The tech industry are hopeless at seeing the stuff we make as just a tool used to achieve a goal and then not used until needed again.
We see it as something to immerse yourself in to know every detail.
This is why we end up with confusing UX and convoluted products.
- Whoever designed MS Dynamics 365 Business Rules UI has never used it.
Select multiple actions to copy+paste? Nope, you have to copy and edit them, one by one.
A true returning statement into another conditional? Nah, you only need conditionals on failure right?
- Good luck to the UK pubs and restaurants trying to figure out what GDPR lawful basis they're meant to use for collecting customer's contact information.Also another avenue for scammers to get contact information.
- Tried updating a static site but the build script wasn't working.
Ended up reworking podman's `toolbox` script and writing a podman aware python-webasset filter.
Taken most of the evening, but the site now builds properly.
Was that overkill to just add a phone number?
- Barely been running a week and data has already leaked.
Why should we trust any personal data to this system again?
- The possible scenarios that lead to this mess by the UK's Prime Minister (No10), Cabinet and Dominic Cummings are;1: Cummings lied to No10 and Cabinet; which he should be sacked for,2: No10 knew and lied to Cabinet; do Ministers really want to be lied to?3: No10 and Cabinet knew and lied to us; do we really want to be lied to? (Exempting that James O'Brien caller)4: No10, Cabinet and Cummings don't see what they've done wrong, and we're kicking up a fuss about nothing.Alarmingly, 3 or 4 is winning.
- Now I'm pissed off; @Tesco staff and security company not adhering to 2m separation to the point of one of the security staff standing on my partner's foot.What's the point of telling everyone to separate and not enforcing it for your staff?
- This isn't listed anywhere on their website.I get the purpose, but it's self defeating if you don't tell people before they turn up.
- I've just noticed I've had my lapwing.org domain for 15 years.
To think I got it initially to host my laptop (hence LAPwing) orientated Linux distro, now it is my selfhosting for 99% of my online services.
I wonder what I'll be doing with it in another 15 years.