- Barely been running a week and data has already leaked.
Why should we trust any personal data to this system again?
- The possible scenarios that lead to this mess by the UK's Prime Minister (No10), Cabinet and Dominic Cummings are;1: Cummings lied to No10 and Cabinet; which he should be sacked for,2: No10 knew and lied to Cabinet; do Ministers really want to be lied to?3: No10 and Cabinet knew and lied to us; do we really want to be lied to? (Exempting that James O'Brien caller)4: No10, Cabinet and Cummings don't see what they've done wrong, and we're kicking up a fuss about nothing.Alarmingly, 3 or 4 is winning.
- Now I'm pissed off; @Tesco staff and security company not adhering to 2m separation to the point of one of the security staff standing on my partner's foot.What's the point of telling everyone to separate and not enforcing it for your staff?
- This isn't listed anywhere on their website.I get the purpose, but it's self defeating if you don't tell people before they turn up.
- I've just noticed I've had my lapwing.org domain for 15 years.
To think I got it initially to host my laptop (hence LAPwing) orientated Linux distro, now it is my selfhosting for 99% of my online services.
I wonder what I'll be doing with it in another 15 years.
- "You should run rootless podman to be secure!"
> Uses rootless podman under systemd
"We broke rootless podman pods under systemd! Sucks to be you!"
I wish the podman maintainers would give a shit about QA, pretty much every version bump breaks something.
Version rollback it is.
- I always seem to flash a new phone OS onto my S2 at Christmas.
Hopefully CarbonROM will support my 'old' (8 years is 'old'. We should get away from this destructive thinking in the tech sphere) until it gives up the black smoke.
McClane likes this.
McClane shared this.
- In light of my country going further into insanity, I'm just going to spend today on personal projects so I feel like something useful has occurred today.
Although I am heartened (and a little tempted to go) about the news that there's accessible water on Mars.
- Sometimes the nagging thought of "I could write better software than this" gets very, very loud and difficult to ignore.
The past month it has been aimed at CRM, VoIP, helpdesk ticket, clipboard manager, Zapier-like, booking manager and podman software.
- I'm moving "lapwing.org" to a different domain registrar, so there is likely to be turbulence for the next few days.
- Ha. My fail2ban filter that looks for 40x HTTP codes was blocking me. I didn't understand why, as my requests were returning 200, and checking the logs confirmed it.
Seems taking 4033ms for a request gets you a ban on my server. #whoops
- For when your services have been broken into, this site has your excuse covered: http://whythefuckwasibreached.com/
- Fedora 31 upgrade on the laptop hasn't gone well, updater crashed part way through leaving F30 and F31 bits, post cleanup and distro-sync GNOME session is getting SIGTERMed without anything in the logs; re-install it is.
Now I'm dreading upgrading my desktop.