Jure Repinc (JLP) email@example.com
Pirate, GNU/Linux / free software / open source fan, contributor to Thousand Parsec (a free 4X space strategy game) and KDE (the best desktop)
Photos of Giant Science Facilities That Look Straight Out of Science Fiction → http://petapixel.com/2015/05/05/photos-of-giant-science-facilities-that-look-straight-out-of-science...
KDE Frameworks 5.10.0 Released
New in this release
- (no changelog provided)
- Generate QML-proof classes using the kconfigcompiler
- New cmake macro kcoreaddons_add_plugin to create KPluginLoader-based plugins more easily.
- Fix crash in texture cache.
- and other fixes
- Add new method globalShortcut which retrieves the shortcut as defined in global settings.
- Prevent kidletime from crashing on platform wayland
- Added KPropertiesDialog::KPropertiesDialog(urls) and KPropertiesDialog::showDialog(urls).
- Asynchronous QIODevice-based data fetch for KIO::storedPut and KIO::AccessManager::put.
- Fix conditions with QFile::rename return value (bug 343329)
- Fixed KIO::suggestName to suggest better names (bug 341773)
- kioexec: Fixed path for writeable location for kurl (bug 343329)
- Store bookmarks only in user-places.xbel (bug 345174)
- Duplicate RecentDocuments entry if two different files have the same name
- Better error message if a single file is too large for the trash (bug 332692)
- Fix KDirLister crash upon redirection when the slot calls openURL
- New set of classes, called KMoreTools and related. KMoreTools helps to add hints about external tools which are potentially not yet installed. Furthermore, it makes long menus shorter by providing a main and more section which is also user-configurable.
- Fix KNotifications when used with Ubuntu's NotifyOSD (bug 345973)
- Don't trigger notification updates when setting the same properties (bug 345973)
- Introduce LoopSound flag allowing notifications to play sound in a loop if they need it (bug 346148)
- Don't crash if notification doesn't have a widget
- Add a KPackage::findPackages function similar to KPluginLoader::findPlugins
- Use KPluginFactory for instantiating the plugins, instead of KService (kept for compatibility).
- Fix wrong splitting of entry path (bug 344614)
- Migration agent now also check old wallet is empty before starting (bug 346498)
- KDateTimeEdit: Fix so user input actually gets registered. Fix double margins.
- KFontRequester: fix selecting monospaced fonts only
- Don't depend on QX11Info in KXUtils::createPixmapFromHandle (bug 346496)
- new method NETWinInfo::xcbConnection() → xcb_connection_t*
- Fix shortcuts when secondary shortcut set (bug 345411)
- Update list of bugzilla products/components for bug reporting (bug 346559)
- Global shortcuts: allow configuring also the alternate shortcut
- The installed headers are now organized like all other frameworks.
- PlasmaComponents.Menu now supports sections
- Use KPluginLoader instead of ksycoca for loading C++ dataengines
- Consider visualParent rotation in popupPosition (bug 345787)
- Don't try to highlight if there is no spell checker found. This would lead to an infinite loop with rehighlighRequest timer firing constanty.
- Fix native file dialogs from widgets QFileDialog: ** File dialogs opened with exec() and without parent were opened, but any user-interaction was blocked in a way that no file could be selected nor the dialog closed. ** File dialogs opened with open() or show() with parent were not opened at all.
More info: KDE Frameworks 5.10.0 Released
Andrea Scarpino likes this.
KDE Plasma 5.3 Released
New in this release:
- Enhanced Power Management
- Better Bluetooth Capabilities
- Improved Plasma Widgets
- Plasma Media Center - Tech Preview
- Big Steps Towards Wayland Support
- Desktop Tweaks - Press and Hold
- Bug Fixes Galore
More info: KDE Plasma 5.3 Released
Latest TPP leak shows systemic threat to software freedom → https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/latest-tpp-leak-shows-systemic-threat-to-software-freedom
Kete Foy shared this.
When government is wrong and you are right
On 12 April 1961, the Vostok 3KA-3 (Vostok 1) spacecraft with Gagarin aboard was launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome. Gagarin thus became both the first human to travel into space, and the first to orbit the earth. His call sign was Kedr (Russian: Кедр, Siberian pine or Cedar).
First Orbit – The Movie → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKs6ikmrLgg
Beautiful Digital Stories Made Out Of Old Video Games by 8-bit fiction
Galaxy Easter Egg TutorialMake some galaxy Easter eggs that are out of this world → http://www.dreamalittlebigger.com/post/galaxy-easter-eggs.html
Indian Ministry of Communications and IT have come up with a new policy that has mandated all Government offices across India to use Open Source Software. → http://trak.in/tags/business/2015/03/30/open-source-software-mandatory-govt-offices/
The story of Monkey Island, one of the best games ever → http://expost-news.com/the-story-of-monkey-island/
João Patrício likes this.
Very interesting research findings from The Student Sex Work Project, about UK students and their involvement in sex industry: