Jure Repinc (JLP) email@example.com
Pirate, GNU/Linux / free software / open source fan, contributor to Thousand Parsec (a free 4X space strategy game) and KDE (the best desktop)
Linux Light Bulbs: Enabling Internet Protocol Connectivity for Light Bulb Networks → http://www.disneyresearch.com/publication/Linux-Light-Bulbs/
3D Printable Robotic Telescope You Can Build → http://makezine.com/2015/08/09/3d-printable-robotic-telescope-you-can-build/
Space Art by Michael Kagan
Now that's the kind of paintings I would love to see in the living room → Michael Kagan’s Space-Based Paintings Explore the Fatalistic Power of Manmade Machinery
KDE Plasma 5.4 Released
New in this release
This release of Plasma brings many nice touches for our users such as new fullscreen application launcher, much improved high DPI support, KRunner auto-completion and many new beautiful Breeze icons. It also lays the ground for the future with a tech preview of Wayland session available. We’re shipping a few new components such as an Audio Volume Plasma Widget, monitor calibration tool and the User Manager tool comes out beta.
More: KDE Plasma 5.4 Released
KDE Applications 15.08.0 Released
With this release a total of 107 applications have been ported to KDE Frameworks 5. There are several new additions to the KDE Frameworks 5-based applications list, including Dolphin, the Kontact Suite, Ark, Picmi, etc. This release of Kdenlive video editor includes lots of fixes in the DVD wizard. Okular document reader now supports Fade transition in the presentation mode.
PlutoFirst high resolution image of Pluto causes concern...
How the PlayStation-powered New Horizons probe flew to Pluto: the technology that has made it all possible → http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/technology/1403583/how-the-playstation-powered-new-horizons-probe-fle...
The LHCb experiment at CERN’s Large Hadron Collider has reported the discovery of a class of particles known as pentaquarks. → http://home.web.cern.ch/about/updates/2015/07/discovery-new-class-particles-lhc
This Astronomical Watch Accurately Shows The Solar System’s Movements On Your Wrist → http://www.boredpanda.com/astronomical-watch-midnight-planetarium-van-cleef-and-arpels-christian-van-der-klaauw/
2015-07-10T08:29:39Z via Dianara CC: Public
KDE Frameworks 5.11.0 Released
KDE today announces the release of KDE Frameworks 5.11.0. KDE Frameworks are 60 addon libraries to Qt which provide a wide variety of commonly needed functionality in mature, peer reviewed and well tested libraries
New in this release
Extra CMake Modules
- New arguments for ecm_add_tests(). (bug 345797)
- Use the correct initialDirectory for the KDirSelectDialog
- Make sure the scheme is specified when overriding the start url value
- Only accept existing directories in FileMode::Directory mode
- Make KAUTH_HELPER_INSTALL_ABSOLUTE_DIR available to all KAuth users
- KEmailAddress: Add overload for extractEmailAddress and firstEmailAddress which returns an error message.
- Fix unwanted selection when editing the filename in the file dialog (bug 344525)
- Prevent crash if QWindow::screen() is null
- Add KConfigGui::setSessionConfig() (bug 346768)
- New KPluginLoader::findPluginById() convenience API
- support creation of ConfigModule from KPluginMetdata
- fix pressAndhold events
KDELibs 4 Support
- Use QTemporaryFile instead of hardcoding a temporary file.
- Update translations
- Update customization/ru
- Fix entities with wrong links
- Cache the theme in the integration plugin
- [runtime] Move platform specific code into plugins
- Optimize KIconEngine::availableSizes()
- Do not try to complete users and assert when prepend is non-empty. (bug 346920)
- Use KPluginLoader::factory() when loading KIO::DndPopupMenuPlugin
- Fix deadlock when using network proxies (bug 346214)
- Fixed KIO::suggestName to preserve file extensions
- Kick off kbuildsycoca4 when updating sycoca5.
- KFileWidget: Don't accept files in directory only mode
- KIO::AccessManager: Make it possible to treat sequential QIODevice asynchronously
- Add new method fillMenuFromGroupingNames
- KMoreTools: add many new groupings
- KMoreToolsMenuFactory: handling for "git-clients-and-actions"
- createMenuFromGroupingNames: make url parameter optional
- Fix crash in NotifyByExecute when no widget has been set (bug 348510)
- Improve handling of notifications being closed (bug 342752)
- Replace QDesktopWidget usage with QScreen
- Ensure KNotification can be used from a non-GUI thread
- Guard the structure qpointer access (bug 347231)
- Use QTemporaryFile instead of hardcoding /tmp.
- Use tcgetattr & tcsetattr if available
- Fix loading of Kross modules "forms" and "kdetranslation"
- When running as root preserve file ownership on existing cache files (bug 342438)
- Guard against being unable to open stream (bug 342438)
- Fix check for invalid permissions writing file (bug 342438)
- Fix querying ksycoca for x-scheme-handler/* pseudo-mimetypes. (bug 347353)
- Allow like in KDE 4.x times 3rdparty apps/plugins to install own highlighting XML files into katepart5/syntax
- Add KTextEditor::Document::searchText()
- Bring back use of KEncodingFileDialog (bug 343255)
- Add a method to clear decorator
- Allow to use custom sonnet decorator
- Implement "find previous" in KTextEdit.
- Re-add support for speech-to-text
- KAssistantDialog: Re-add the Help button that was present in KDELibs4 version
- Add session management for KMainWindow(bug 346768)
- Drop WiMAX support for NM 1.2.0+
- Calendar components can now display week numbers (bug 338195)
- Use QtRendering for fonts in password fields
- Fix AssociatedApplicationManager lookup when a mimetype has (bug 340326)
- Fix panel background coloring (bug 347143)
- Get rid of "Could not load applet" message
- Capability to load QML kcms in plasmoid config windows
- Don't use the DataEngineStructure for Applets
- Port libplasma away from sycoca as much as possible
- [plasmacomponents] Make SectionScroller follow the ListView.section.criteria
- Scroll bars no longer automatically hide when a touch screen is present (bug 347254)
- Use one central cache for the SpellerPlugins.
- Reduce temporary allocations.
- Optimize: Do not wipe dict cache when copying speller objects.
- Optimise away save() calls by calling it once at the end if needed.