Jure Repinc (JLP) email@example.com
Pirate, GNU/Linux / free software / open source fan, contributor to Thousand Parsec (a free 4X space strategy game) and KDE (the best desktop)
KDE Frameworks 5.11.0 Released
KDE today announces the release of KDE Frameworks 5.11.0. KDE Frameworks are 60 addon libraries to Qt which provide a wide variety of commonly needed functionality in mature, peer reviewed and well tested libraries
New in this release
Extra CMake Modules
- New arguments for ecm_add_tests(). (bug 345797)
- Use the correct initialDirectory for the KDirSelectDialog
- Make sure the scheme is specified when overriding the start url value
- Only accept existing directories in FileMode::Directory mode
- Make KAUTH_HELPER_INSTALL_ABSOLUTE_DIR available to all KAuth users
- KEmailAddress: Add overload for extractEmailAddress and firstEmailAddress which returns an error message.
- Fix unwanted selection when editing the filename in the file dialog (bug 344525)
- Prevent crash if QWindow::screen() is null
- Add KConfigGui::setSessionConfig() (bug 346768)
- New KPluginLoader::findPluginById() convenience API
- support creation of ConfigModule from KPluginMetdata
- fix pressAndhold events
KDELibs 4 Support
- Use QTemporaryFile instead of hardcoding a temporary file.
- Update translations
- Update customization/ru
- Fix entities with wrong links
- Cache the theme in the integration plugin
- [runtime] Move platform specific code into plugins
- Optimize KIconEngine::availableSizes()
- Do not try to complete users and assert when prepend is non-empty. (bug 346920)
- Use KPluginLoader::factory() when loading KIO::DndPopupMenuPlugin
- Fix deadlock when using network proxies (bug 346214)
- Fixed KIO::suggestName to preserve file extensions
- Kick off kbuildsycoca4 when updating sycoca5.
- KFileWidget: Don't accept files in directory only mode
- KIO::AccessManager: Make it possible to treat sequential QIODevice asynchronously
- Add new method fillMenuFromGroupingNames
- KMoreTools: add many new groupings
- KMoreToolsMenuFactory: handling for "git-clients-and-actions"
- createMenuFromGroupingNames: make url parameter optional
- Fix crash in NotifyByExecute when no widget has been set (bug 348510)
- Improve handling of notifications being closed (bug 342752)
- Replace QDesktopWidget usage with QScreen
- Ensure KNotification can be used from a non-GUI thread
- Guard the structure qpointer access (bug 347231)
- Use QTemporaryFile instead of hardcoding /tmp.
- Use tcgetattr & tcsetattr if available
- Fix loading of Kross modules "forms" and "kdetranslation"
- When running as root preserve file ownership on existing cache files (bug 342438)
- Guard against being unable to open stream (bug 342438)
- Fix check for invalid permissions writing file (bug 342438)
- Fix querying ksycoca for x-scheme-handler/* pseudo-mimetypes. (bug 347353)
- Allow like in KDE 4.x times 3rdparty apps/plugins to install own highlighting XML files into katepart5/syntax
- Add KTextEditor::Document::searchText()
- Bring back use of KEncodingFileDialog (bug 343255)
- Add a method to clear decorator
- Allow to use custom sonnet decorator
- Implement "find previous" in KTextEdit.
- Re-add support for speech-to-text
- KAssistantDialog: Re-add the Help button that was present in KDELibs4 version
- Add session management for KMainWindow(bug 346768)
- Drop WiMAX support for NM 1.2.0+
- Calendar components can now display week numbers (bug 338195)
- Use QtRendering for fonts in password fields
- Fix AssociatedApplicationManager lookup when a mimetype has (bug 340326)
- Fix panel background coloring (bug 347143)
- Get rid of "Could not load applet" message
- Capability to load QML kcms in plasmoid config windows
- Don't use the DataEngineStructure for Applets
- Port libplasma away from sycoca as much as possible
- [plasmacomponents] Make SectionScroller follow the ListView.section.criteria
- Scroll bars no longer automatically hide when a touch screen is present (bug 347254)
- Use one central cache for the SpellerPlugins.
- Reduce temporary allocations.
- Optimize: Do not wipe dict cache when copying speller objects.
- Optimise away save() calls by calling it once at the end if needed.
TISA Agreement Might Outlaw Governments From Mandating Open Source Software In Many Situations → https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150604/06324931218/tisa-agreement-might-outlaw-governments-mandating-open-source-software-many-situations.shtml
#TISA #TTIP #TPP #CETA #OpenSource #FreeSoftware #Linux
Photos of Giant Science Facilities That Look Straight Out of Science Fiction → http://petapixel.com/2015/05/05/photos-of-giant-science-facilities-that-look-straight-out-of-science...
KDE Frameworks 5.10.0 Released
New in this release
- (no changelog provided)
- Generate QML-proof classes using the kconfigcompiler
- New cmake macro kcoreaddons_add_plugin to create KPluginLoader-based plugins more easily.
- Fix crash in texture cache.
- and other fixes
- Add new method globalShortcut which retrieves the shortcut as defined in global settings.
- Prevent kidletime from crashing on platform wayland
- Added KPropertiesDialog::KPropertiesDialog(urls) and KPropertiesDialog::showDialog(urls).
- Asynchronous QIODevice-based data fetch for KIO::storedPut and KIO::AccessManager::put.
- Fix conditions with QFile::rename return value (bug 343329)
- Fixed KIO::suggestName to suggest better names (bug 341773)
- kioexec: Fixed path for writeable location for kurl (bug 343329)
- Store bookmarks only in user-places.xbel (bug 345174)
- Duplicate RecentDocuments entry if two different files have the same name
- Better error message if a single file is too large for the trash (bug 332692)
- Fix KDirLister crash upon redirection when the slot calls openURL
- New set of classes, called KMoreTools and related. KMoreTools helps to add hints about external tools which are potentially not yet installed. Furthermore, it makes long menus shorter by providing a main and more section which is also user-configurable.
- Fix KNotifications when used with Ubuntu's NotifyOSD (bug 345973)
- Don't trigger notification updates when setting the same properties (bug 345973)
- Introduce LoopSound flag allowing notifications to play sound in a loop if they need it (bug 346148)
- Don't crash if notification doesn't have a widget
- Add a KPackage::findPackages function similar to KPluginLoader::findPlugins
- Use KPluginFactory for instantiating the plugins, instead of KService (kept for compatibility).
- Fix wrong splitting of entry path (bug 344614)
- Migration agent now also check old wallet is empty before starting (bug 346498)
- KDateTimeEdit: Fix so user input actually gets registered. Fix double margins.
- KFontRequester: fix selecting monospaced fonts only
- Don't depend on QX11Info in KXUtils::createPixmapFromHandle (bug 346496)
- new method NETWinInfo::xcbConnection() → xcb_connection_t*
- Fix shortcuts when secondary shortcut set (bug 345411)
- Update list of bugzilla products/components for bug reporting (bug 346559)
- Global shortcuts: allow configuring also the alternate shortcut
- The installed headers are now organized like all other frameworks.
- PlasmaComponents.Menu now supports sections
- Use KPluginLoader instead of ksycoca for loading C++ dataengines
- Consider visualParent rotation in popupPosition (bug 345787)
- Don't try to highlight if there is no spell checker found. This would lead to an infinite loop with rehighlighRequest timer firing constanty.
- Fix native file dialogs from widgets QFileDialog: ** File dialogs opened with exec() and without parent were opened, but any user-interaction was blocked in a way that no file could be selected nor the dialog closed. ** File dialogs opened with open() or show() with parent were not opened at all.
More info: KDE Frameworks 5.10.0 Released
Andrea Scarpino likes this.
KDE Plasma 5.3 Released
New in this release:
- Enhanced Power Management
- Better Bluetooth Capabilities
- Improved Plasma Widgets
- Plasma Media Center - Tech Preview
- Big Steps Towards Wayland Support
- Desktop Tweaks - Press and Hold
- Bug Fixes Galore
More info: KDE Plasma 5.3 Released
Latest TPP leak shows systemic threat to software freedom → https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/latest-tpp-leak-shows-systemic-threat-to-software-freedom
Kete Foy shared this.
When government is wrong and you are right
On 12 April 1961, the Vostok 3KA-3 (Vostok 1) spacecraft with Gagarin aboard was launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome. Gagarin thus became both the first human to travel into space, and the first to orbit the earth. His call sign was Kedr (Russian: Кедр, Siberian pine or Cedar).
First Orbit – The Movie → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKs6ikmrLgg
Beautiful Digital Stories Made Out Of Old Video Games by 8-bit fiction