Bernhard E. Reiter email@example.com
Owns and runs Intevation, a company doing "output" Free Software >=14 years. FSFE.org Founding GA Member. Dipl.Systemwiss., MSc. Homepage: www.intevation.de/~bernhard/index.en.html
Yes, video VP9 decoding. Audio Opus support : http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/28.0/releasenotes/ Go Iceweasel :) !FS
The minimal principle: because being an open standard is not enough. EN version published.
Evan Prodromou likes this.
There are lots of alternatives in #FDroid too. All of them not only #freesoftware #opensource, but also built from source, and downloadable from a repository you can trust (and being the repository freesoftware itself) :)
I've tried myself and use frequently Xabber and Kontalk (2.x,non-XMPP), and now I'm beginning to try ChatSecure.
Going for gold .. for the next Fairphone batch. Taz.de article.
#wearefairphone : http://taz.de/!132260/ (German cooperative newspaper) likes that gold shall become conflict free for the next batch.
"Auch wenn all das nur erste Schritte sind – von Umwelt- und Menschenrechtsorganisationen gibt es Lob."
"Wer jedoch darauf Wert legt, sein Telefon möglichst lange nutzen zu können, und wer kleine Anstöße für Veränderungen auf dem Markt geben möchte, für den ist das Gerät sicherlich eine gute Investition."
"The pie chart is also the one visual that is abused the most. Every sales dashboard that I have seen uses pie charts for some data representation. However, the pie chart is hardly ever the right chart to use." Raffel Marty in Applied Security Visualization
- Report from the 4th development meeting for www.openslides.org, took place in Osnabrück at the Intevation Office:
http://mail.openslides.org/pipermail/users-de/2014-January/000288.html (In German)
- There is a User Experience report for the Tor Browser Bundle at http://www.iscproject.org/Tor_UX_Report_v1.1_05-06-13.pdf #privacy #crypto
- In 16 years, !GnuPG >>has grown from being a hacker’s hobby into one of the world’s most critical anti-surveillance tools.<<
>>“Time has proven Free Software  to be the most trustworthydefender against companies and governments seeking to underminecitizen privacy” said Werner Koch, GnuPG Founder and LeadDeveloper<<>>Some of the world’s top security specialists are now counted among GnuPG users, including Bruce Schneier, Jacob Appelbaum, and Phil Zimmerman<< (http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-announce/2013q4/000339.html)
Congratulations Werner, GnuPG and the democratic world!
- Trying https://pump2tweet.com ... with this post. Trying to reconnect to the mainstream world with the new pump.io software.
Bernhard E. Reiter shared this.
- Crypto library driving !GnuPG and #Gpg4win major update:
<a href="http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-announce/2013q4/000336.html">libcrypt 1.6</a> faster and more algorithms. !FreeSoftware (Open Source).
- Assemblies with more overview? http://openslides.org/en/ 1.5 is here! Faster updates, PDF display, full text search. !FreeSoftware as always. Professional support available (http://intevation.de/news.de.html#openslides-1.5 German).
Yutaka Niibe shared this.
- BSI president Hange wishes for more Free Software, as it can used to build more secure solutions: http://mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/fsfe-de/2013-November/005981.html (German). BSI == German Federal Agency of IT-Security
mray INACTIVE likes this.
Yutaka Niibe shared this.