- More fun than I'm entitled to: persuading #Python to build correctly on #Linux with a slightly older Python already installed. This abstruse use case — which if you had to give a name, you might call "updating" — now works. Just use #pkgsrc.http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2020/08/14/msg218942.html#EnormousCI
- Interpreted generously, the original American project aimed to break free of tyranny and defend human rights in a new, more universal way.July 4 seems a fine occasion to reflect that a more perfect union remains as worthy a project as ever.
- As we work toward notqmail 1.09 and beyond, we’d like to hear from more folks who’ve…1. Updated your #qmail or netqmail installs to notqmail. (Yay! Anything tricky?)2. Tried and failed to update. (What blew up?)3. Decided not to try yet. (What were some of your reasons?)
- notqmail 1.08 is out. Vulnerabilities and other bugs fixed, compiler warnings reduced, dead code pruned, presumed-dead code put on notice, my QMAILREMOTE patch added, and lo and behold, our first few unit tests.More: https://schmonz.com/2020/05/20/notqmail-108-released/ #qmail #notqmail #smtp
- I've guested on lots of podcasts; last month (before life got more interesting) I tried my hand at hosting. For the 100th episode of Developer's Journey, Tim Bourguignon tried his hand at guesting. Coincidence??!? (Also, how'd we do?)https://schmonz.com/talk/20200512-developers-journey/ #coaching #dev #podcast
- Finias, here’s world. World, here’s Finias: https://schmonz.com/2020/05/06/finias-tira-schleier/
Michele Montagna likes this.
- A very productive hour collaborating on https://shapemywork.com: two more people are set up to edit, and the 5 of us put our heads together to greatly improve the front page.Our next Zoom session: Friday April 24, 1pm Pacific, 4pm NYC, 10pm Germany, etc. (DM me for the link.)
Can I suggest using Big Blue Button or Mumble (voice only) instead of Zoom, and a free code chat tool (or federated network) instead of Slack? http://web.archive.org/web/20181208131734/https://www.coactivate.org/projects/disintermedia/slacking-off/
- Happy (?) Monday! Nearly 20 people have already joined the brand new shapemywork.com Slack. Several have already made their first wiki edits — some in a browser, some with `git push`.If you're having a workday, how's it going so far? What's going well and what's not?
- When's the last time so many of us needed to share knowledge and experience working in #distributed teams in environments we semi-control?With your involvement, Shape My Work will be THE wiki for our times. Join us: https://shapemywork.com/meta/join/#remote #remotework #agile #teamwork
- My sister is a doctor at an #NYC hospital. They need your help, as creatively as you can give it, to obtain PPE.Do you have some? Do you know local businesses that might? Could you make masks and face shields?