Free as in Freedom firstname.lastname@example.org
Brooklyn, United States
Free as in Freedom is a bi-weekly oggcast hosted by @bkuhn & @kaz covering legal, policy, & other issues in the software freedom community.
- Please follow the Free as in Freedom podcast on Twitter at https://twitter.com/faifcast A mastodon account is coming soon
email@example.com ❌ likes this.
firstname.lastname@example.org ❌ shared this.
Semi-permanently deprecating this account
So, currently, Karen and Bradley are maintaining this account, but also both work for Conservancy now as well. As such, we've decided to deprecate this account, and we'll just be announcing new FaiF episodes over on Conservancy's pump.io account, wihich is email@example.com. Please follow Conservancy's account for FaiF news!
Free as in Freedom, Episode 0x56
On, Free as in Freedom, Episode 0x56, Bradley and Karen discuss the VMware lawsuit that Software Freedom Conservancy is funding. The audio is available in both ogg and mp3 formats.
FaiF Episode 0x54
Jason Self likes this.
Jason Self shared this.
On Free as in Freedom, Episode 0x51, Bradley and Karen play and discuss Pam Chestek's talk entitled Why Licenses Requiring Use of Trademarks are Non-Free that she gave 15:00 European/Central time on Sunday 2 February 2014 at FOSDEM 2014.
Please donate now: We're trying to send Producer Dan to a Free Software conference. We need to raise $2,500 for travel expenses to send Producer Dan to a conference of his choice to record interviews and otherwise participate in the conference. A donate link is on the front page of the show's website.
On Free as in Freedom, Episode 0x50, Karen and Bradley announce Conservancy's DMCA filing and Conservancy and FSF's joint launch of the copyleft.org project, and then discuss Eileen Evans's FOSDEM 2014 talk, entitled Licensing Models and Building an Open Source Community.
- In Free as in Freedom, Episode 0x45, Karen Sandler and Bradley M. Kuhn discuss the details, what to worry about, and what the usual duties are when serving on a Board of Directors for a USA non-profit. The discussion is primarily about 501(c)(3) organizations, but at the end they spend some time discussing 501(c)(6) organizations as well.
- Bradley and Karen are pleased to announce the end of the hiatus of Free as in Freedom, with Episode 0x44 which explains some of the reasons for the seven month hiatus and then discuss the recent Oracle v. Google Federal Appeals Court Decision.Show all 5 replies
- In !FaiFCast 0x3D @kaz & @bkuhn discuss (belatedly) the !PyCon issues from earlier this year. http://ur1.ca/e2l2a
Evan Prodromou likes this.
- On !FaifCast 0x3C, @bkuhn & @kaz discuss @pchestek's !FOSDEM 2013 talk about #trademark issues: http://ur1.ca/dqf24
- In !FaiFCast 0x3A, @bkuhn & @kaz listen to & discuss Gabriel Holloway's talk on !GPL & ☁ Terms of Service agreements: http://ur1.ca/d9887
- !FaiFCast 0x38: @bkuhn & @kaz play & discuss the !GPL Compliance Panel (w/ @laf0rge, @zvr & Richard Sands) from !FOSDEM 2013: ur1.ca/d42kz
- After a long delay, !FaiFCast 0x37 is released, wherein @bkuhn & @kaz discuss © assignment as discussed on LWN in December: ur1.ca/cszgc
- In !FaiFCast 0x36, @kaz & @bkuhn discuss @rms' essay on !FSF's website about !Ubuntu & @sabdfl of !Canonical, Ltd.'s response: ur1.ca/c4ybdShow all 21 replies