- Here's an example https://identi.ca/mcscx/note/2EM6Zi1SQ8GXdOxX3uFEZw of how postings on identica might end unseen and some discussions might end unintentionally:
- I posted a note asking Evan a question
- Evan answered by commenting on my note
- I answered him back, by commenting again on my own original notice.
Now, I don't think Evan (who doesn't follow me) will notice that I have answered back to him -> posting doesn't reach the intended person.
It might be an idea to enable @address notation in any kind of pumpio posting (as in pre-migration dents) to address anybody also in comments
firstname.lastname@example.org shared this.Related issues:
- #582 "No notifications on further comments to a note which was commented on"
- #627 "Autocompletion in comments" (same proposal as yours)
- #497 "Thread view of comment in reply to other events"
- I saw http://ur1.ca says "UR1 Database is available in tab-separated values format." So I thought it might be a good idea to try to download it. But when I click on the Database link I get a ur1.ca.txt.gz file, but it's only 33 bytes and contains no readable text, even if gunzip'ed.
2013-08-09T18:01:32Z via Identi.ca Web CC: PublicOn #HPUX 10.x (1998): How can I force restoring a cpio archive to the current directory?
cpio -idv < /tmp/f.cpio
restores it to /, because the paths in this cpio archive all start with leading slashes. Unfortunately this version of cpio doesn't offer the --no-preserve-owner of GNU's cpio.
- I still don't 'understand' pumpio's user interface.
I commented to a dent of a person I follow. He answered by 'posted a comment in reply to a comment' as the activity panel on the right told me. (I thought I can only comment to a posting, no to a comment). I clicked the link and read what he had written. His comment appears as a new initial posting, not as a comment
But his comment on my comment doesn't appear in my normal TL. I probably would have missed his answer normally.
Mike Linksvayer shared this.Show all 8 repliesfurther this panel on the right is absolutely useless… "foobar favorited a note", "foobar favorited a note", "foobar favorited a note", "foobar favorited a note" - STFU OR TELL ME WHAT NOTE! I don't want to read that something happend over and over again. i want to read WHAT happend
2013-07-18T08:44:26Z via Puma To: Public
NSA researches from suspicious persons up to 3 hops. With 4.7 hops you can reach any person on the internet. http://m.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/07/nsa-admits-it-analyzes-more-peoples-data-previously-revealed/67287/
- Eben aus aktuellem Anlass das Häkchen "nicht aufdringliche Werbung zulassen" im Adblock Plus entfernt. http://is.gd/Bwh86M
McScx shared this.
- ...I found (in rsync backup log) that the missing apps have disappeared from /data/system/packages.list. If re-added they disappear again.
- Problem with my #Galaxy Ace: Can no longer run apps that are installed on sdcard.I ran AdAway to update the hosts file ->crash->this problem