Sumana Harihareswara firstname.lastname@example.org
Astoria, United States
Founder of Changeset Consulting. Wife, FLOSS geek, feminist, manager of people & projects, programmer, fanvidder. Recurse Center alumna. She/her. Married to @leonardr.
- New MetaFilter post: http://mefi.us/w/169503 Due process, probabilistic DNA typing software, and a California appeals court case.
Some excellent explanations in the comments http://mefi.us/w/169503 ; also check my comment on the "Justice Through Science" nonprofit
Mike Linksvayer likes this.
Mike Linksvayer shared this.
- http://crookedtimber.org/2017/09/18/chelsea-manning-and-harvard/ On inconsistent criteria.
- [batching together things I tweeted while Identi.ca was down]
RT Christie Koehler @christi3k Sep 7Do you like coordinating awesome tech events? Come work with me at @NumFOCUS! https://www.numfocus.org/blog/numfocus-is-now-hiring-events-coordinator/
RT FOSS Outreach @outreachy Sep 7Pls RT: Applications are now open for the December 2017 to March 2018 Outreachy internships! https://www.outreachy.org/apply
RT FOSS Outreach @outreachy Sep 7Pls RT: #opensource internships are open internationally to women (cis & trans), trans men, and genderqueer folks. https://www.outreachy.org/apply
RT FOSS Outreach @outreachy Sep 7Pls RT: #opensource internships open in the U.S. for people of color who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. https://outreachy.org/apply
Yesterday I remembered the orb.
Some things I would love in @zulip if you're interested:
- https://cognitivetransitauthority.bandcamp.com/album/clima my current jam. Nice ambient music.
- RT Camille Emefa Acey @kavbojkaI wish news media would talk about automation in terms of opportunity rather than risk. Do we need to work this much? #liberatorytechnology
AJ Jordan likes this.
Society should use machines to work less and live better. And yet somehow we turned this dream into a problem.
Like when workers of a dangerous profession, like coal miners and such, are put out of work because technology advances have made that dangerous job obsolete, and people only want to keep working on the same crappy job that's killing them, and the environment.
AJ Jordan likes this.
- On my friend @elwoz's work researching internet censorship: https://cylab.cmu.edu/news_events/news/2017/making-sense-of-internet-censorship-using-automation.htm...
- 50books_poc, a book review community focused on authors of color, just turned 10 years old. https://dw-community-promo.dreamwidth.org/487481.html