Upcoming Pumpiverse community meeting: Oct 8, 2015 @ 9AM PDT
In the continuing work to make Pump.IO a community project, we are having a community meeting at 9AM PDT on October 8, 2015 in #pump.io on irc.freenode.net, please join us!
- Move to ActivityPump (and ActivityStreams 2.0)
- Getting started on pump.io development
- What can we do to improve community, and your, participation in pump development?
Add yours to the meeting wiki page!Show all 13 repliesI wouldn't want to force everybody into my timezone just for me. We should perhaps try to list the location/TZ of people, and see what fits.
Evan, cwebber, JPope, bkuhn: US TZs
Jan, larjona, Sazius: Europe, probably all CEST
I'm afraid shifting 12h will put Europe in the dark ):
Let's not worry about this one, I catch up on the conversation on Jabber. That said, it might be worth keeping hard copies of the logs somewhere, though the summary wiki is probably a better resource.
Don't mind me, I'm thinking aloud.
- @firstname.lastname@example.org @email@example.com Thanks, Chris! I did fork pump.io, just to work on the UI. I would love to help centrally improve the actual pump.io repo; I was never happy about forking. If you want to have a chat, let me know.
Pumpiverse community update
We just had a mini-meeting in #pump.io on irc.freenode.net... here is a quick update. @Evan Prodromou kindly joined us, and quite a few other community members, and everyone seems interested in making Pump.IO more of a community project. Here are roughly the future steps from this meeting:
- Find a community-stewardship home for pump.io. We will apply to become a Conservancy member project (@Bradley M. Kuhn is interested in Pump becoming a member project, but he is not the only one involved in that decision), though other places may also be explored (but Conservancy is currently target #1)
- We will be expanding the number of people committing to and contributing to the project. To start with, Evan has extended commit and admin rights to @jpope and myself. We will also be looking to make this more of a community structure; @Laura Arjona and I are volunteering to help with this transition. Laura also started this community document!
- E14N is looking for new homes for E14N hosted nodes on the pumpiverse. Are you interested, and a responsible person with strong interest in the health and future of the pumpiverse? We could use your help!
- We will probably need to raise funds for some of the hosting costs. How that will be done is yet to be determined.
- Since @Evan Prodromou, @Tsyesika and I are all working on the ActivityPump spec, of course we want Pump.IO to begin adoption of this standard, and will be looking towards that over the next few months. We'd like to also see GNU Social and Pump.IO talking together; ideally this would happen via both of them adopting the new standard, but probably Pump.IO needs to lead the way here and product a reference implementation to test against.
I'm looking forward to a more community-driven future of Pump.IO. Long live the pumpiverse!Show all 13 replies
I think we need a section with the people involved in the non-core code/services. I'll try to add/reorganize tomorrow; feel free to be faster than me, or just add yourself and later I'll reorganize.
Thanks for caring!
“What's involved in adopting the E14N nodes? If the cost isn't something crazy, I can probably adopt one. in order of preference: microca.st (bencook, already claimed), fmrl.me, pumpbuddy.us.
I see urmf.net in the list -- what is that one? I don't think I have seen it before.”
urmf.net ('you are my friend') was a pump.io node from the beginning, like microca.st
>> Laura Arjona:
“urmf.net ('you are my friend') was a pump.io node from the beginning, like microca.st”
Actually, it's more than that! It has the honor, along with identi.ca, of being a StatusNet-server-migrated-to-Pump ;)
It was migrated before identi.ca, in fact! And it's been in the "tryit" list ever since.
Well, my unemployed days look to be coming to an end starting Aug 1st. A huge weight just fell off my shoulders. ;)
I also got email confirmation that I'll be restarting school at WGU on Aug 1st as well.
Life is going to get busy again. ;)Show all 14 replies
- OK, it looks like we're live on the other side.
Good job, everyone.
- If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
ⒿⓅⓄⓅⒺ likes this.
- Soo, when are chrome/safari getting @mozilla #jetpack support? Cross-browser simple extensions here we come
ⒿⓅⓄⓅⒺ likes this.
- Attention !IdentiCurse users: until further notice, IdentiCurse's most recent version will be at https://github.com/psquid/IdentiCurse
- Identicurse 0.9-dev (sandershutup)
- Stop overreacting to antigens you piece of shit. Evolve properly god damn itShow all 6 replies
- Apple and green tea one hour at the heathman. Oh. My. Gawd. With @mherrick66 - great recommendation