Free Software Love
We love you: Our users, contributors, upstreams and downstreams, whoever gives us their time, or who benefits from our work, and of course, the rest of the Free Software universe! #ilovefs
- What we know is on our blog. We have a security advisory coming soon once we verify some details. See https://blog.torproject.org/blog/hidden-services-current-events-and-freedom-hosting for now.
- "Hi #pumpio. I'm #newhere. I'm thinking about moving from #StatusNet to #pump. Do you think it is a good idea?"
Let's make one thing very clear, pump.io is not F***book. This is not a mature, end- user ready product run by a billion dollar company.
Pump.io is the bleeding edge of free as in freedom, security- aware, distributed social networking. Pump.io is developed, run and used by a small but growing number of enthusiasts and volunteers, which means of course you will have to make some compromises if you want to use it now.
We are like the old Pioneers who went West - for a while they had to put up with living in a small wagon and fend off wild animals and stuff, before they would reach California ... and like those pioneers we know there will be freedom and fertile lands at the end of our journey (and we even have the fertile lands already, when OpenFarmGame is not down).
Of course it's a good idea to join pump.io. Be a pioneer. Be a part of the next big thing in social networks, participate in the social media revolution. Be one of the first 30000. Join now !!Show all 8 replies
Impeller 0.6.0 - The Tablet Edition
The rich client for Pump.ioor other options via the website
- [IMP-88] - Cannot post full-res photos
- java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Activity PostActivity does not
have a parent activity name specified.
- [IMP-93] - Better image loading performance
Show all 7 replies
- [IMP-91] - Tablet UI
- Planning to push a new version of PyPump to pip, this version will have:
- Many bug fixes!
- Support for longitude and latitude in Location objects
- New testing shell which handles storage of oauth credentials and gives you a ipython testing shell
- Updated docs! (including new "Quick 'n Dirty" guide)
- Protocol detection (http/https) - Dropped secure= param.
In this issue: PRISM, Pump.IO, Incoma, FreedomHTML, LibreJS, Prism-Break, Stop Surveillance!, Socialnet_3.0.
- Flickr down? Now's a good time to check out MediaGoblin, a FOSS photo/video/audio/more sharing system you can run: http://mediagoblin.orgI can't even keep track of the stuff Yahoo is buying up and destroying. So if you didn't already have enough reason to switch to something better this is it. I myself do not have a use for such things yet due to my lack of real non-text-content sharing, but I'll certainly use it when the time comes.
- Software developers - choose Mono and I will not use your software. You can get a modern dev environment without being useful idiots for MS.