- Excited to be going to https://summit.creativecommons.org/ this year! Taking the train there tomorrow - looking forward to chatting about OER, hardware licensing, and much more. :) #ccsummit #CCSummit18
email@example.com ❌ likes this.
- Happy #PublicDomainDay! Written works by these authors are now #publicdomain in #Canada: Alice B. Toklas, Langston Hughes, Dorothy Parker, Varian Fry. Also, musical & artistic works by Otis Redding, René Magritte, John Coltrane, Woody Guthrie: https://law.duke.edu/cspd/publicdomainday/2018/ Remix away!
- If you're curious what I've been up to most of this past year, here's a summary: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/595zg5/sopranica-jmp-wom-cell-network-diy-anonymous Mainly I've been building https://jmp.chat/ (AGPLv3+ phone/SMS/MMS gateway, no cell network/baseband needed) and also https://wom.community/ . #XMPP
Sumana Harihareswara [on Mastodon] likes this.
- Want better cell plans in Canada? Only 24 hours left to fill out https://services.crtc.gc.ca/pub/CommentForm/Default-Defaut.aspx?lang=e&EN=2017-259&ET=N and let @CRTCeng know we need #WifiFirst providers!
- I don't click #tracking links so I can't use @meetup anymore; as of 2017-06-29T19:21Z URLs in emails are http://meet.meetup.com/wf/click?upn=/bad_tracking_id/ Please fix!
- https://jmp.chat/ has launched! A beta service I built that lets you send/receive #SMS/MMS from your #XMPP account, all AGPLv3+. #JMP
soloojos shared this.
- Happy #PublicDomainDay! Now #publicdomain in #Canada: books by Mari Sandoz, Eric Walrond, Ralph Allen, C.S. Forester http://web.law.duke.edu/cspd/publicdomainday/2017/
- Citizen or resident of #Canada? Help your country out: https://survey-sondage-hoc.parl.gc.ca/n/ERREConsultation.aspx?c=en-CA&studyId=9013025&study=Electora... Only 4 hrs left to give your electoral reform thoughts! #ERRE
- Hey, @WestJet, why can't I fly Edmonton to Victoria for $89 every day of the week? Is fuel half-price on Wednesdays and Saturdays? Or might it have something to do with @newleaftravel? #PredatoryPricing
- Talking about great #GPL compliance example 5pm Fri at @texaslinuxfest: http://2016.texaslinuxfest.org/content/beautiful-build-releasing-linux-source-correctly I'm at #TXLF @conservancy booth too; say hi!
Christopher Allan Webber shared this.
- Happy #PublicDomainDay! These authors' books now #publicdomain in #Canada: T.S. Eliot, Winston Churchill, Malcolm X. https://web.law.duke.edu/cspd/publicdomainday
- After 18 years of webmail (where I began my email life), today I'm finally #selfhosted with a real client (mutt). I feel like a new person!
- #BigBuckBunny Board Book for babies by @singpolyma is a great way to spread #freeculture: https://www.crowdsupply.com/singpolyma/big-buck-bunny-board-book 5 days left! #CreativeCommons
Mike Linksvayer shared this.
- Happy 32nd birthday, #GNU! This is also birthday number 0x20, 040, and 100000 (base 2). Original announcement is at https://gnu.org/gnu/initial-announcement.html
@JanKusanagi and now you can probably sing that song without risking to be sued for copyright infringement :)
Sajith Sasidharan likes this.
- Toxcore, a GPLv3 encrypted text/video chat library, needs your help: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/toxcore-development 15 hrs left! Code is at https://github.com/irungentoo/toxcore
- 11 days left to get https://www.crowdsupply.com/purism/librem-13 May meet http://ossguy.com/?p=1446#free_software_laptop goals; hopeful since @ioerror advising: https://twitter.com/ioerror/status/612214488163590144Show all 5 repliesI agree that would be preferred. However, all of their laptops have had Windows on them before (as far as I can tell). So you are contributing to demand for used ThinkPads when you buy them, and thus increasing the value of new Windows-running ThinkPads (because they have higher resale value if more people want to buy them used). I'd rather stay out of the Windows ecosystem altogether.
Christopher Allan Webber likes this.Resale value only makes sense for products that people expect to resell when they buy them. I don't think laptops are in that category, so I don't think we need to consider that factor when buying second-hand laptops. Buy the hardware that is possible to run all-free software on.
- On the train tomorrow morning to https://libreplanet.org/2015/ Looking forward to more federation/deployment insights; can't wait to see everyone!