- WOW. Amazing, eloquent 18-minute TEDx talk by @ninapaley about copyright abolition: http://questioncopyright.org/copyright_is_brain_damage. Share widely!
Mikkel Kirkgaard Nielsen shared this.
- @Latin4Potatoes @SmithsonianMag @joerogan Sorry to see @PETA perpetuating monopoly mindset instead of encouraging freedom & sharing. Re https://twitter.com/Latin4Potatoes/status/648604184795738113
- Noel Taylor says works don't "fall into" the public domain -- they are "elevated to" the public domain. Yes! http://questioncopyright.org/elevate_to_public_domain
- Going to town on overeager monopolist Warner/Chappell in the "Happy Birthday" case: http://questioncopyright.org/happy_birthday_to_happy_birthday
Matthew likes this.
Deunan shared this.
- Announcing BookLiberator Beta -- the affordable, low-cost, and downright handsome book digitizer: http://questioncopyright.org/bookliberator_beta
- Refreshing to see well-articulated copyright skepticism from a serious political thinker: @CoreyRobin's http://coreyrobin.com/2014/09/26/copyrights-and-property-wrongs/
Karl Fogel shared this.
- Copyright as Censorship in Science: Striped Nanoparticle Edition -- http://questioncopyright.org/striped_nanoparticles_copyright_as_censorship
Karl Fogel likes this.
Karl Fogel shared this.
- Bravo to @fmanjoo in @nytimes for saying "copyright restrictions", not propaganda word "protections": http://questioncopyright.org/restriction_not_protection_in_nyt
- Centralized mass surveillance is incompatible with freedom. Join us in https://thedaywefightback.org/ #StopTheNSA http://questioncopyright.org/minute_memes/copyright_and_surveillance
- "Sita Sings the Blues" screening in downtown Chicago tomorrow at 4:30pm, with @NinaPaley there for Q&A! http://questioncopyright.org/ccc_sita_sings_the_blues_screeningThis is great! Nina and Sita inspired me to release Green Comet with a Creative Commons license, and I haven't regretted it. I put a post on the Green Comet blog about Sita Sings the Blues last year. I'm glad to see that Nina is still being recognized for her great achievement.
rjb #questioncopyright #sitasingstheblues #creativecommons #greencomet
- What Could Have Entered the Public Domain on January 1, 2014? http://web.law.duke.edu/cspd/publicdomainday/2014/pre-1976 … #copyright #publicdomain @fightcopytrolls @qco (RT @gabrieljmichael)
- Beautiful, beautiful statement by @NinaPaley on not letting copyright control your mind: http://questioncopyright.org/make_art_not_law
2013-12-09T17:23:03Z via Identi.ca Web CC: Public
2013-12-09T17:16:13Z via Identi.ca Web CC: Public
- Donations being matched 3-to-1 (!) until 2014, to help @InternetArchive after fire! I (as @kfogel) gave -- can you? http://questioncopyright.org/internet_archive_donations_matched_till_2014