- Congrats to Craig Silverman on launch of http://emergent.info/ ! Great site.
Submitted my first Pull Request that was coded on work time. Thinking of using Integrity as our CI/test server as it's so nippy and hackable (evidently!), and we usually need to tweak things to our set-up.
Glad to have done a little Test::Unit too; in all other projects I'm an RSpec guy.
- (2023-11-05) Ban Ki-Moon: Stop 'war on drugs' http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/05/opinion/annan-cordoso-humane-drug-policy/
The Birth Of TINAP. Sort Of.
reality shared this.
- I've become convinced that gnu hate their users. Every time I see anything they produce it's like getting punched in the face. It's as if they take pride in things being as ugly as possible. A moral stand against the cool kids with their pleasing typography, responsive layouts, and use of whitespace to, you know, make things pleasant to use and readable.
reality likes this.
'This Is Not A Podcast' is proud to present episode 9 - 'The Prince of Aberyswyth' featuring special guest Evan Prodromou.
Many thanks to Evan for sparing us 3 hours while on vacation with his family and giving us such a detailed, wide-ranging and frank interview.Show all 12 replies
- OK - I've got a fragile but barely-working pump-to-RSS bridge going at https://pump2rss.com/ .
It's about as rudimentary as possible -- put in a pump handle, and it will spit out the last N activities as an Atom feed.
It tries to be smart about which activities should be shown as objects and which should be shown as activities -- any help would be welcome on that score.
I still have a few things to add to the feeds -- attachments would be great. And at some point I'd like to PubSubHubbub-enable the feeds.
The code is here: https://github.com/e14n/pump2rss If anyone wants to help out, please let me know!Show all 11 replies
Fresh baked bread
The proof is in the eating, of course...
- So there's that meme of Facebook users asking for a "Dislike" button, yeah? Maybe we could have a new Pump activity called "Enraged". @reality, make it happen. !Enraged #groupsdontexistanymorethough #neitherdohashtagsThere should be an easier way to dislike posts, not just websites. Perhaps if some pod added Lurve, IH8 and Hip2 as inline buttons under each post (alongside like, comment, share, and hopefully delete/edit). Talking about hashtags, what technical problem is preventing them from appearing? (Same for links to websites)
Wife is trying on my new beach shorts and taking the piss.
- Quit sucking, mongodb.
Space Hobo shared this.Chris: I actually use a document-store abstraction layer that does CRUD plus exact-match search, with some utility primitives for integer and array items if they're native. It supports MongoDB, Redis, Couchbase, LevelDB, as well as in-memory and on-disk storage. It's working pretty well right now.
Christopher Allan Webber likes this.
- Really wish the new devs all the luck, hope they can clean up some of the mess the old devs left. D* really was a great place to be in for a while, which is why I'm so mad at the inital devs for neglecting it in favor of a website that lets you type stupid texts over lolcatz- gifs, and is, of all things, connected to f###book ... man, I was REALLY mad at these guys !!
End of an era*wipes salty tear*
- @sdp had problems so this embryonic Pump FAQ (including how to subscribe to a remote user) may be of interest to recent identi.ca converts.
a(n) person shared this.