- 3 days to make individual or project application to http://www.flossmanuals.org/news/2013-doc-camp-call-proposals
I highly recommend it. Participating in a book sprint is great fun, and the sprint and unconference will be facilitated by the world experts in each.
Your FLOSS project deserves a book and/or you would have fun writing one for another project.
- Reminder: MediaGoblin monthly contributor meeting tomorrow at 9AM Pacific!
Hope to see you there!
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130803T09&p1=224&ah=1Ah, shoot - I'll miss it. I'll be getting my haircut at that exact moment! My haircut was going to be at 9:30, but she moved it back today. I'll send you an email with some additional notes about docs stuff in case it comes up at the meeting.
Christopher Allan Webber likes this.
http://pumplive.com/ 30050 users \o/ Congrats Evan and #pumpiverse!
- F-Droid Workshop in Berlin, next Saturday - https://f-droid.org/posts/f-droid-workshop-berlin/
- One bad news, two good news
Dear pump.io friends
The bad news is that my fix for issue #458 ("You likes") does not work.
The good news #1 is that I managed to setup a pump.io instance for testing purposes, and I tested my fix (and realised that it does not work), and figure out how to really fix that issue.
So the question is, What do I do now? Do I close that branch and pull request and create a new one? Or do I commit my fixes and that's all?
In any case history is messed up (wether in commit log or in issue tracker).
The good news #2 is that for now on I'll test my fixes before than creating a pull request.
Sorry for the inconveniences until now.I don't think history is messed up. Did your fix merge onto master branch? Only in that case, it is advisable to revert the failed commit, then commit the working fix. Otherwise, unmerged branches are mostly ignored (i.e. not visible in master log.) But I am not a github user.
- 3d printed "Barbie" with healthier proportions: http://www.3dprinter.net/3d-printed-barbie-got-back via Aeva
- Taller sobre Arduino en la ETSI Agrónomos (UPM)
He subido un vídeo a mi canal de #MediaGoblin, sobre el taller de #Arduino que se realizó en nuestra Escuela de Agrónomos el pasado junio.
Asistí al taller como estudiante, y luego he colaborado con el guión y la voz en off.
- This week I'm quite busy at job fighting with the deployment of the computer labs: preparing the "master disks" with a long list of programs to install (and since I know apt, those Windows installations, one by one, with DVDs, license managers, activations and so, become more tyring and #grr ).
On the positive side, I also install a bunch of free software utilities on them (and, hey, each year more teachers are using #freesoftware for their classes, and so, they ask for it instead of the privative ones), and I use Clonezilla to create/deploy the images.
Could be worse, but I'm counting the days until holidays!Show all 5 replies
Andi: they need not to spend too much time teaching the tool itself (in our case it's agronomics school) so if it's easily installable in windows and it is a graphical tool, better than one that needs the command line or scripts.
This is the case of R, for example: they ask for “R + RCommander”.
They try to find something with no cost and the tool that they like or choose it's free software, but they didn't know it. This is the case of Raswin for example for visualizing proteins.
Other times they ask for a tool not having its licenses, or being it nonfreesoftware, or they want to do something and they don't know which program to use. In those cases I provide a list of alternatives, being all of them free software, and try to be helpful. If they want privative stuff they have to search and test by themselves or ask another person. No help there, sorry.
- 5 years ago in the 'guardian': Cloud computing is a trap, warns GNU founder Richard Stallman http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/sep/29/cloud.computing.richard.stallman !fsf
libre likes this.
- @W3C sad that the proponents of an open web are raffling off a device which is squarely anti-open web.